Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Digital Painting: The Lost Woods


In the spirit of Halloween, I decided to do this painting. It took about a half hour to do.

This was also an exercise in working with values. I have a lot of troubles getting a good range of values in pretty much all of my work, so I hope that by doing more black and white paintings/work, I will improve.

ALSO: This painting marks the beginning of a new personal project I am working on. In addition to this painting, I've started doing lots of character sketches, and I've done other story related things. I don't want to say too much about it now, but I'll probably be working on this project on and off for awhile (which means, don't expect consistent posts relating to it haha). Anyway, I'm very excited about where this project is going!

1 comment:

  1. This is nice, Bethany! Great atmosphere and silhouetting. Your character is super intriguing too!

    ReplyDelete