Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Exlporation

So for a long time I've been unhappy with the way I color things. I'm ok with my sketchy stuff, and my really "finished" stuff. But to color something fast, and simple, kind of in between sketchy and finished, I just didn't really have a default way of doing things. So I started exploring and I tried to figure out what I liked and didn't like. Here's what I started with:





I like these pieces, but really I didn't enjoy doing things this way. Especially with the first 2 pieces. While I love the way they turned out, the line work and the flat colors was just too much work and too rigid and too boring. So I moved on.



I really liked doing these two images. I gravitated towards different brushes in Photoshop and played around with texture. I really like this direction and have been doing more work like this. But things have really been changing for me lately artistically and nothing is set in stone. For now I'm just enjoying the ride and seeing where these changes take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment